The Tobacco Association of Malawi is a growers’ body and a non-profit making Organisation whose main objective is to promote the production and marketing of the Malawi tobacco whilst protecting and serving the best interests of all its members throughout the country.
The Association is inviting applications from mature, highly motivated and well experienced individuals to fill the vacant position of ASSISTANT HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe as follows:
POST: ASSISTANT HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Providing support to the Human Resources function
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Processing documentation and preparing reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluation etc.)
- Dealing with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules and regulations
- Assisting in payroll preparation by providing relevant data to the Salaries officers
- Conducting initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Coordinating interviews by calling applicants for interviews and making all the necessary interview arrangements
- Facilitating employment of seasonal and temporary staff and following up on their service termination and payment of gratuity
- Passing of all communication from the HR Section to the general staff through memos, emails etc for staff information, when need arises
- Compiling and updating employee records
- Providing any other clerical and administrative support to the Human Resource Officer
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Candidates must meet the following prerequisites:
- Self-starter, committed and willing to grow with organisation.
- Minimum of a diploma in Human Resource Management obtained from a well-recognized institution
- Basic knowledge of labour laws
- Excellent personal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position in a busy office
- Knowledge of any computerized Human Resource Management Information systems.
Interested candidates should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) plus names of three traceable referees to the following address not later than 25th August, 2017.
The Human Resource Officer
Tobacco Association of Malawi
TAMA House, City Centre
P.O. Box 31360
TAMA is an equal opportunity employer. Ladies are therefore encouraged to apply.